- Vermicelli noodles or rice
- Veggies (& meat!) of your choice (pak choy, tatsoi, carrots, kohlrabi, broccoli, mushrooms, onions etc)
- 2" section of ginger root, peeled & grated
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 garlic scapes, finely chopped (or pressed)
- Garnish: 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped; 1/4 c green onions, chopped; 1/4 c peanuts, chopped (all or any)
- 1/2 c chicken or veggie stock
- 3 T cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 T soy/tamari sauce
- 3 T peanut butter
- 1 T sugar or honey
- 1 T sesame oil (or sub. canola)
- 1 t lemon or lime juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 t chili paste/hot pepper sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 t coriander (optional)
Cook rice/noodles according to instructions
Heat some oil in wok or frying pan (medium), add garlic & ginger & cook for a minute until fragrant
Stir-fry meat & veggies, starting with those that need to cook longest & adding in the rest in order. If you use the pak choy/tatsoi greens, add them only for the last minute or 2.
Sauce: combine ingredients in food processor or whisk together. Heat in sauce pan over med-low heat.
Combine sauce & veggies (or simply pour sauce over) & serve over rice or noodles.
Garnish with fresh cilantro &/or green onions &/or crushed peanuts