- 1 lb swiss chard (or other greens)
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1 med. onion
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 T. cider, white or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 t. sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop chard into 1" strips. Keep leaves & stems separate.
2. In deep frypan saute onion in oil ~5mins until softened.
3. Add chard stems with other ingredients. Cover & cook 8 mins.
4. Place chopped leaves on top of mixture - don't stir! - cover & cook 2 mins more.
5. Remove from heat, stir, and serve.
Goes well with rice. Serves 3-4.