2018 CSA Registration
Register Now for Friday pick-up on farm
Email us to be added to the Kitchener Pick-up Waiting List
What's a CSA?
CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture, is a model of food production that connects farmers directly with the people who eat the food they grow. Members purchase a share in the harvest & are treated to the fresh, locally-grown vegetables in season each week.
Freshness: Produce picked within a day of delivery.
Choice: Take home produce you’ll actually eat! Our market-style set-up and Choice Table help you tailor your share.
Community: Develop a farm-centric community through weekly pick-ups and participation in farm events
Broaden your vegetable horizons: Be introduced to some new vegetables and discover tasty, new varieties of familiar ones - lots of exciting options beyond what you find at the grocery store.
Main Season Veggie Shares (19 weeks, June-Oct 2018)
|Feeds...||Couple or individual with a big veggie appetite||Family of 3-4 or veggie-crazy couple||Household of 4+|
**Sliding Scale Shares: Please call or email if you'd be interested in a member-supported community share, priced on a sliding-scale basis.**
Spring Greens Share $80 (4wks ~May) - FULL for 2018
Contains 4-6 different greens weekly: salads, arugula, sprouts, braising greens, baby kale & chard, and other salad treats
2 Pick-Up Groups
Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha) - Fridays 3:30-6:00
Mount Hope Neighbourhood - WAITING LIST ONLY (Extend-A-Family lot, 91 Moore Ave Kitchener) - Tuesdays 3:45-6:15pm
What Will I Get in My Share?
Members receive ~7-10 different vegetables in their shares each week. Lots of greens early summer, an abundance of hot-season veggies July-Sept, and heavy on roots in the fall. This Foodland Ontario Local Food Availability Guide gives you a rough sense of some of the vegetables that will be available throughout the season.
Eggs, Flowers and Pastured Meats
Optional add-ons include weekly or biweekly egg shares from our pastured hens, flower bouquets from Petals and Sprigs for our Mount Hope pick-up, or pastured meat purchases from our partner Darrell Roes.
When you submit your registration form, you agree to the following:
- Members share in the ups and downs of the season. What you receive will depend on what grows well each week and over the course of the season. If there is a really difficult growing season some crops may not be plentiful or shares may be smaller than anticipated. By signing up you help us as growers by sharing the inherent risk of farming. THANK YOU!
- SHARES ARE AVAILABLE DURING YOUR PICK-UP TIME ONLY. If you can’t make it to your pick-up, you are welcome to send someone else in your place. Otherwise, your share will be donated to a local food program.
- It is not possible to switch back & forth between Tuesday & Friday Pick-ups
- If you realize you need a smaller share size you can downsize at any point in the season with 2 weeks notice. Sizing up is not always possible once the CSA is full.
- Although members are encouraged to commit for a full season, it is possible to cancel a membership at any point with 2 weeks notice and obtain a full refund for the remaining weeks.