Already convinced? Register HERE.
What's a CSA?
CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture, is a model of food production that connects farmers directly with the people who eat the food they grow. Members purchase a share in the harvest & are treated to the fresh, locally-grown vegetables in season each week.
Freshness: Produce picked within a day of delivery.
Choice: Take home produce you’ll actually eat! Our market-style set-up and Choice Table allow you to help tailor your share.
Community: Develop a farm-centric community through weekly pick-ups and participation in farm events
Broaden your vegetable horizons: Be introduced to some new vegetables and discover tasty, new varieties of familiar ones - lots of exciting options beyond what you find at the grocery store.
2017 Sizing & Pricing - some shares available on a sliding scale basis
(post-dated cheques preferred*)
|$155 deposit at sign-up
$300 by May 15
|$200 deposit at sign-up
$610 by May 15
|$300 deposit at sign-up
$880 by May 15
|Feeds...||Couple or individual with a big veggie appetite||Family of 3-4 or veggie-crazy couple||Household of 5+|
*NSF cheque charge of $25 to cover bank fees
**Sliding Scale Shares: Please call or email if you'd be interested in a member-supported community share, priced on a sliding-scale basis.**
2 Pick-Up Groups
Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha) - Fridays 3:30-6:00
Mount Hope Neighbourhood - SOLD OUT - (Extend-A-Family lot, 91 Moore Ave Kitchener) - Tuesdays 3:45-6:15pm
What Will I Get in My Share?
Members receive ~7-10 different vegetables in their shares each week. Lots of greens early summer, an abundance of hot-season veggies July-Sept, and heavy on roots in the fall. This Foodland Ontario Local Food Availability Guide gives you a rough sense of some of the vegetables that will be available throughout the season.
Eggs and Pastured Meats
Optional add-ons include weekly egg shares from our pastured hens ($110/season), and pastured meat purchases from our partner Darrell Roes.
When you sign your registration form, you agree to the following:
- Members share in the ups and downs of the season. What you receive will depend on what grows well each week and over the course of the season. If there is a really difficult growing season some crops may not be plentiful or shares may be smaller than anticipated. By signing up you help us as growers by sharing the inherent risk of farming. THANK YOU!
- SHARES ARE AVAILABLE DURING PICK-UP TIMES ONLY. If you can’t make it to your pick-up, you are welcome to send someone else in your place. Otherwise, your share will be donated to a local food program.
- IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SWITCH BACK & FORTH BETWEEN TUES & FRI PICK-UPS
- If you realize you need a smaller share size you can downsize at any point in the season with 2 weeks notice. Sizing up is not always possible once the CSA is full.
- Although members are encouraged to commit for a full season, it is possible to cancel a membership at any point with 2 weeks notice and obtain a full refund for the remaining weeks.