- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 pound to 1 pound bok choy, washed and chopped into large chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Heat the canola oil and sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add grated ginger and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until ginger perfumes the oil.
2. Add pak choy to the skillet. Stir fry whites first, then add greens until the bok choy becomes bright green (NOT LONG!).
3. Remove pak choy to a serving plate.
4. Add broth, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the pan. Cook another 2 minutes or so to allow flavours to meld.
5. Pour over pak choy. Serve immediately.
Try this with any other Asian greens - it'll work with braising greens of various sorts. Makes 4 to 6 servings.